riff is for functions
The riff CLI combines with the projectriff system CRDs to build, run and wire workloads (functions, applications and containers). The CRDs provide the riff API of which this CLI is a client.
Before running riff, please install the projectriff system and its dependencies. See https://projectriff.io/docs/getting-started/
The application, function and container commands define build plans and the credential commands to authenticate builds to container registries.
Runtimes provide ways to execute the workloads. Different runtimes provide alternate execution models and capabilities.
The core runtime uses core Kubernetes resources like Deployment and Service to expose the workload over HTTP.
The streaming runtime maps one or more input and output streams to a function.
The Knative runtime uses Knative Serving to expose the workload over HTTP with zero-to-n autoscaling and managed ingress.
--config file config file (default is $HOME/.riff.yaml) -h, --help help for riff --kubeconfig file kubectl config file (default is $HOME/.kube/config) --no-color disable color output in terminals --version display CLI version
- riff application - applications built from source using application buildpacks
- riff completion - generate shell completion script
- riff container - containers resolve the latest image
- riff core - core runtime for riff workloads
- riff credential - credentials for container registries
- riff doctor - check riff's permissions
- riff function - functions built from source using function buildpacks
- riff knative - Knative runtime for riff workloads
- riff streaming - (experimental) streaming runtime for riff functions